Current OCtech Job Postings for the
Week of June 4 – June 15, 2012
To apply for the following positions you must meet the following criteria:
To apply for the following positions you must meet the following criteria:
A current student that has completed at least one semester, or an alumni of Orangeburg-Calhoun Technical College within the past year. Registering with JPO includes submitting your resume via e-mail in Microsoft Word (version 7 or higher) as well as submitting a registration form. For more information please view our Job Placement Services page at www.octech.edu under “Student” and/or “Corporate Training & Economic Development” or e-mail Bonnie Bagamary at email@example.com. The job placement office is temporarily located in Building T of the OCTech Orangeburg Campus – 803-535-1236.
NEW INDUSTRIAL POSITIONS AVAILABLE:
The US Postal Service in West Columbia has a part-time (25 hours per week) position open for a PSE Automotive Mechanic. Job Description: Assists with and performs a variety of routine repairs and scheduled maintenance services in the maintenance of USPS motor vehicles.
Closing Date: May 28, 2012. Apply online at usps.com/careers.
Adjacent county is in need of a mapper for the County Assessor’s office. Job summary includes drawing maps of geographical areas to show natural and constructed features, political boundaries and other features by performing several duties including CAD. Associate’s degree or equivalent from a 2-year college or technical school; or 6 months to 1 year related experience/ training; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Please call JPO for detailed duties and responsibilities required of this job.
Company in West Columbia, SC is looking for part-time detailer employee with CAD experience, excellent math skills, and ability to read architectural/structural drawings. Call JPO for more details.
Manufacturing company in Bamberg, SC has a Quality Technician position available. Candidate would collect, access, and report on technical data. Must also perform tests and develop measurement data and participate in continuous improvement initiatives. Investigations would be performed on non-conforming processes to determine root cause and corrective action. Collection of statistical process control data and preparation of required reports per customer requirements is also required. To apply, contact JPO.
A pallet company is currently recruiting for experienced forklift drivers in the Elloree, SC facility.
Position Summary: Drives propane powered industrial truck equipped with lifting devices such as forklift, boom, scoop, lift beam and swivel hook, fork grapple, clamps, elevating platform, or trailer hitch, to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move products, equipment, or material.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned):
Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over, or around pallets, and transports load to designated area. Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device. Inventories materials on work floor and supplies workers with materials as needed.
Lubricates truck, recharges batteries, fills fuel tank, or replaces liquefied gas tank.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- Min. 5 years experience
- Safe driving record
- Propane truck operation
- Brisk pace
- Ability to drive backwards safely
- Ability to stack empty wood pallets up to 36 high
- Good math and record keeping skills
- Ability to load and unload trailers with little clearance.
Previous experience with moving stacks of pallets is highly desired.
Employment is conditional upon successful passing of drug screen.
Must also be able to pass a written and practical driving exam to be considered for a position.
Must be eligible to work in the US - Employer participates in E-Verify Program.
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact JPO to apply.
Students that have completed a certificate in Welding and/or Industrial Maintenance who are interested in an entry level position with a company at Savannah River Site in Aiken, SC. Please contact JPO to apply.
Columbia company has an opening for an Automation/Engineering Technician. This position requires a 2-year technical degree or equivalent industrial/military experience in electrical-electronics or mechanical engineering technology. Qualified candidates will be screened to determine language, math and technical skills. Flexibility to work “rotating” shifts is a must. Company offers competitive pay and an excellent benefits package. Contact JPO to apply.
Local manufacturing plant has 2 openings for a machinist for 2nd shift. The candidate will set up and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments. May also fabricate and modify parts to make or repair machine tools or maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Machine parts to specifications using machine tools such as lathes, milling machines, or grinders.
- Set up, adjust, and operate all of the basic machine tools and many specialized or advanced variation tools in order to perform precision machining operations.
- Study sample parts, blueprints, drawings, and engineering information in order to determine methods and sequences of operations needed to fabricate products, and determine product dimensions and tolerances.
- Fit and assemble parts to make or repair machine tools. Design fixtures, tooling, and experimental parts to meet special engineering and manufacturing needs.
- Measure, examine, and test completed units in order to detect defects and ensure conformance to specifications, using precision instruments such as micrometers, vernier calipers.
- Calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments.
- Monitor the feed and speed of machines during the machining process
High school diploma or GED; plus a tool & die journeyman’s card and/or a minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience as a Machinist or apprentice in a manufacturing environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Ability to follow instructions and a demonstrated attention to detail is required.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently with little or no supervision is required.
- Blueprint reading skills are required.
- Demonstrated ability to operate all tool room equipment (grinders, mills, lathes, hand air tools, manual tools) without assistance, as well as hand tools & measurement tools.
- Applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures.
- Strong problem-solving skills and a demonstrated ability to analyze and interpret data are required.
- Strong teamwork and oral/written communication skills are required.
- Good attendance and safety record is required.
Call JPO to apply.
Santee Cooper is hiring for various positions. Please check their website weekly at www.santeecooper.com for more information.
South Carolina Department of Transportation (SCDOT) posts statewide job openings weekly. Check out the postings under SC Dept. of Transportation at www.jobs.sc.gov. You can also see all state employment opportunities at this website. You can search by agency, county or position.
NEW BUSINESS POSITIONS AVAILABLE
Including Administrative, Managerial, Accounting and Part-time
The County Of Orangeburg is accepting applications for a Tax Assessor/Clerk III.
Primary duties: performs a variety of clerical and administrative work in the operation of the document recording system. Primarily assists customers that enter the office. Answers incoming calls and routes calls to the appropriate office. Operates and balances a cash drawer. Applies record labels onto documents that reflect the date, book, and page numbers.
Assembles books once pages are printed. Attaches envelopes to respective documents and writes addresses on each document. Checks documents for accuracy before recording deeds, plats, mortgages, and State and Federal tax liens. Clocks and stamps appropriate documents that do not receive recording labels. Corrects documents when missing, inaccurate, and/or incomplete information is noticed. Fills out Website Transmittal forms to be faxed to the software provider to update the website. Indexes primarily state tax liens, and as needed mortgages, deeds, and plats. Inserts deed, plat book, and page information into the legal description portion of documents. Operates computers, copier machines, fax machines, and scanner machines as needed. Scans original documents and transfers information for public viewing within the office. Provides professional and courteous customer service at all times to in-house staff and general public either by telephone, electronically, or face to face. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The individual selected will have the ability to apply common sense understanding, judgment and the capacity to make sound and reasonable decision. Must possess a valid SC driver's license. Pre-employment drug test required. Salary $18,564 to $27,846. State Benefits. Send resume to HR Director, P.O. Drawer 9000, Orangeburg, SC 29116 EOE.
The County Of Orangeburg is accepting applications for a Recording Clerk II. Primary duties: Performs a variety of clerical and administrative work in the operation of the document recording system. Primarily assists customers that enter the office. Answers incoming calls and routes calls to the appropriate office. Operates and balances a cash drawer. Applies record labels onto documents that reflect the date, book, and page numbers. Assembles books once pages are printed. Attaches envelopes to respective documents and writes addresses on each document. Checks documents for accuracy before recording deeds, plats, mortgages, and State and Federal tax liens. Clocks and stamps appropriate documents that do not receive recording labels. Corrects documents when missing, inaccurate, and/or incomplete information is noticed. Fills out Website Transmittal forms to be faxed to the software provider to update the website. Indexes primarily state tax liens, and as needed mortgages, deeds, and plats. Inserts deed, plat book, and page information into the legal description portion of documents. Operates computers, copier machines, fax machines, and scanner machines as needed. Scans original documents and transfers information for public viewing within the office. Provides professional and courteous customer service at all times to in-house staff and general public either by telephone, electronically, or face to face. Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Training and Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The individual selected will have the ability to apply common sense understanding, judgment and the capacity to make sound and reasonable decision. Must possess a valid SC driver's license. Salary $19,533 to $29,300. State Benefits. Send resume to HR Director, P.O. Drawer 9000, Orangeburg, SC 29116 EOE.
Local appraisal group has an opening for a part-time to full-time (20-40 hours a week) secretary. Some evening hours are required. Responsibilities include but are not limited to answering the phones, handling e-mails, dealing with clients and appraisers with order issues, and uploading completed appraisals to the clients. Good customer service skills and the ability to work independently are required. Pay is based on experience, education and hours available to work. A high school diploma is required with some college preferred. Submit your resume to Ben Davis, SRA, The Carolina Appraisal Group, Inc., 1107 Doyle St., Orangeburg, SC 29115.
Local business has an opening for a Part-Time Sales Clerk.
- Stock Shelves (includes pulling merchandise from warehouse, pricing merchandise, putting merchandise on shelves, etc.)
- Assisting customers (includes helping customers find products, completing sale using POS system, loading purchases in customer’s car, etc.)
- Clean store & offices (includes emptying trash, sweeping, mopping, etc.)
- Self-motivated with strong interpersonal skills
- Communicate effectively with customers and coworkers
- Able to squat, bend, stoop & climb ladders; move and transfer merchandise generally weighing 0 to 50 pounds; and be able to stand and walk for long periods of time
- Work varied hours including Saturdays, plus additional hours during the peak spring season
- Retail experience preferred
- Experience in the agricultural industry not required but is preferred
To apply: Contact JPO
Local industry has an opening for a Sales & Marketing Associate. Job description: Sells products and services by interacting with established customers and developing new prospects on the telephone. Writes, processes and expedites orders. Works under the general direction of the Sales Manager or his/her designee. Typical duties include:
- Telephone prospective customers and solicit business.
- Maintain contact with existing and potential customers.
- Inform customers of supply and price trends and prepare quotes.
- Negotiate prices with customers, within established limits.
- Secure, review, process and expedite orders.
- Write orders. Keep records, maintain files, and make reports on all phases of activities including sales recaps.
- Track orders through the system until timely delivery of products.
- Respond to customer service issues, resolve complaints concerning invoicing, shipping, or product problems.
Required Skills: Good knowledge of sales and marketing practices, techniques and administration or ability to learn rapidly. Able to maintain effective working relationships with customers, state specifying agencies, and company personnel. Good knowledge of division products, or the ability to acquire it rapidly. Knowledge of automated data handling systems from a user’s perspective, or the ability to learn rapidly. Able to maintain accurate, complete records. Must possess excellent customer service skills, strong work ethic, be highly organized, and have good oral and written communication skills. Have a positive attitude with a high degree of professionalism. Must have a willingness to seek and accept direction from sales staff and Sales Manager. Must have good listening skills. Should be able to thrive in a fast-paced, customer-focused, team valued environment working closely with various inner company groups to include production, customer service, purchasing, accounting, and credit. Must follow hours established by Sales Manager.
Required Experience: Prefer a 2-year or 4-year degree in marketing, construction management or business and some to considerable sales experience; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which results in the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Please contact JPO to apply.
SC Bank and Trust has openings in Orangeburg for a Reg E Rep: Seeking a highly motivated individual to work in Card Services to maintain a complete and systematic set of records of Reg E transactions. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: following all Reg E rules and completing of all Reg E affidavits, timely Reg E research, contact merchants, handle charge back items, file Reg E documents and assist with other functions in Card Services. Previous Reg E experience is preferred. Qualified candidate will possess: excellent PC skills, attention to detail, good interpersonal skills, the ability to interact with all levels of the organization, and good analytical and problem solving skills. Location: Orangeburg.
Apply for above position online at www.scbtonline.com under Careers.
The City of Orangeburg has an opening for a part-time Finance Clerk (10-15 hours per week) for the Finance Department. The individual must have excellent written and oral communication skills and could be working with the public. The candidate will be doing miscellaneous typing, filing, label making and file making as well as assisting various office personnel with other duties as needed. The candidate will also be responsible for taking cash and check payments as needed after training. Hours may vary depending on the week and experience level. Contact JPO to apply for this position.
Orangeburg property management company has an opening for administrative assistant. Candidate must be able to support the needs of the Director and CEO by providing office services, implementing administrative systems, procedures, policies and organization support in a fast paced environment. Candidate must have excellent Microsoft Office software, organizational, communication (verbal and written), multi-tasking and prioritization skills. Must maintain confidentiality and meet deadlines. Contact JPO to apply.
First Citizens Bank has Teller and Area Specialist positions available. Prefer educational background in the business area (marketing, sales, management, etc.) Candidate must be well balanced, well spoken, social, and energetic with a positive attitude and work ethic with a desire to succeed in a career. Contact JPO to apply.
Job available in Orangeburg for a Cemetery Sales Professional. They are seeking a highly motivated and dedicated professional to assist families with their pre-arrangement funeral decisions before the time of need. There is outstanding earning potential in a continually thriving business. Company offers paid training program, management advancement opportunities, no overnight travel and outstanding compensation package (commission plus bonuses). Candidate needs to have excellent written and verbal skills, good interpersonal skills, have own transportation and be able to work a flexible schedule (including evenings and weekends). If interested in applying, contact the JPO office.
A regional company has a sales position available. Primary duties are prospecting, setting appointments, conduct needs analysis, make effective sales presentations, and securing contracts that meet company account criteria and sales goals. Conduct all aspects of sales activities within assigned geographic territory. The company has a competitive compensation program with weekly salary and generous commissions, monthly performance bonus plan, comprehensive training program, mileage allowance, cellular phone, and expense reimbursement, established and protected sales territories, annual recognition events at world-class resorts for top performers, 401k/profit sharing, medical, dental, and eye care insurance. Desired Skills & Experience: College degree required. Business to business sales experience preferred with a proven track record of success. Call JPO for more info.
An Orangeburg staffing firm is looking for a candidate with good customer service skills and experience with Excel (creating spreadsheets) for a 1st shift position with a local company offering competitive starting pay. Contact JPO to apply.
Established Orangeburg construction company has an opening for a Front Desk Attendant. This position is responsible for front desk and administrative duties. Responsibilities will also include: receiving and handling incoming telephone calls, greeting clients and visitors, scheduling appointments, and performing administrative duties such as keying, filing, copying and scanning. In addition, this employee will work with various staff members in an administrative function as needed, including but not limited to the director of marketing. This position will work closely with all employees, clients, visitors and other partners.
Qualifications: High school diploma required. Two year associate degree or bachelor’s degree preferred. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel. Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 (namely InDesign and Photoshop). High quality communication skills both written and verbal. Applicants will be required to submit a writing sample.
Local manufacturing company has a temporary position for Human Resources Compliance Auditor. The primary focus of this position is to tour the factory and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures (e.g. Dress Code, PPE, Safety, Time & Attendance, etc.).
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Daily factory floor tour to ensure compliance to policies
- Work closely with department leaders to review performance management documentation and Verbal to Final Warnings prior to taking action to ensure appropriate, lawful, and consistent people practices
- Assist with detailed investigations in response to employee relations issues such as complaints, harassment allegations, etc.
- Conduct exit interviews for core hourly employees and analyzes data and makes recommendations to the management team for corrective action and continuous improvement
- Maintain an attitude and philosophy consistent with the company’s standards
- Serve as key interface between department leaders and Human Resources by investigating, resolving issues and answering questions
- Assist in coaching supervisors and managers during communication meetings in the areas of conflict resolution, corrective action, investigations, and other related issues
- Assist in the execution of H.R. policies and procedures
- Employee relations data entry
- Assist with random drug & alcohol testing
- Case investigations
- Maintain corrective action consistency
- Develop corrective action forms for policy violations
- Meet with department leaders to discuss corrective actions forms
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
- Conduct audits (time & attendance/Kronos, FMLA, parking lot, Ceridian data entry)
- Provide general administrative support such as preparing correspondence, forms, composing regular correspondence, processing confidential reports and documents, filing electronic and hard copy, tracking deadlines
- Manage sensitive and confidential matters like personnel relations, employee relations, and organizational changes, planning and protecting the security of information, data and files
- Exercise individual judgment while dealing with potential or real troubles on own initiative and bringing them to manager’s attention
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Auditing experience
- At least 2 years of Human Resources or Supervisory experience in a plant environment, interacting directly with manufacturing floor employees
OTHER QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong teamwork, interpersonal, and oral/written communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to obtain drug/alcohol screening certification
- Desire for continuous improvement and learning new skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Basic mathematical skills
- Must be ready, willing, able and available to work any shift or day(s) of the week
- Must be willing to work overtime with little to no notice (e.g. daily shift changes from 1st to 3rd shift, etc.)
- Required personal computer skills include, but are not limited to: MS Office software applications (Word, Excel and Access (desired)). Knowledge and/or experience with Ceridian desired.
Chick-fil-A in Orangeburg is now seeking to fill various positions including: Host/Hostess, Cook, Cashier, Team Leaders/Managers. Contact JPO to apply.
Lowes has been hiring for several entry-level, seasonal employees (3 to 6 months).
Lowes has a new vision for the future and with prospective jobs for business majors and persons with electrical, hardware or retail experience. Check them out online to see what is available. For more information about their application process, please call the Job Placement office.
Applications for K-Mart and Sears can be accessed at http://www.searsholdings.com/careers/. Call JPO for position descriptions.
Career opportunities from entry level to management with Waffle House. If interested in obtaining more information, visit their website at www.wafflehouse.com or contact the JPO.
Positions available at Wal-Mart can be viewed at www.walmart.com. You can apply for positions that you are interested in at this website. The Orangeburg Walmart does have open positions. Also contact JPO for help.
The City of Myrtle Beach has several part-time positions available. These positions can be viewed online at www.cityofmyrtlebeach.com.
HUMAN AND PUBLIC SERVICE POSITIONS
Including Teaching, Teacher, Teacher Aides and Public Safety
Orangeburg County has an opening for a Detention Center Correctional Officer. Maintains order and discipline, and provides coordination and direction of daily activities of the inmates detained at the Orangeburg Calhoun County Regional Detention Center. Job Qualifications: High school diploma or general education degree (GED). The individual selected will have the ability to apply common sense understanding, judgment and the capacity to make sound and reasonable decisions. Must possess a valid SC driver's license. Contact JPO if assistance needed to apply.
NEW HEALTHCARE/HOSPITAL POSITIONS
Family Health Centers, Inc. in Orangeburg has an opening for a Dental Assistant (one full time and one PRN). Under regular supervision, provides dental support to facilitate the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of dental clinic patients. Work involves obtaining patient health complaints and dental histories, preparing patients for procedures and assisting the dentist during treatment, preparing exam and treatment rooms, and performing related duties as required. Applications can be downloaded at www.myfhc.org. and mailed to Mary Hunter, FHC, 3310 Magnolia Street, Orangeburg, SC 29115.
Home Health Aide/CNA is needed to provide primary care to elderly and disabled clients. Currently this is a part-time position. This includes light housework, assist with personal hygiene, preparation of meals, possible lifting and ambulation assistance. Work area varies; most job locations in Orangeburg County. Please call JPO for more information.
Healthcare positions available in Orangeburg can be viewed at www.trmchealth.org.